Job

Ask a Career Counselor for Answers ASAP

Job

My direct supervisor I feel is very argumentative sometime

Customer Question
and I'd like some independent...
My direct supervisor I feel is very argumentative sometime and I'd like some independent advice. 1. This week on Monday during our boardwalk he treated my like a heckler does a comedian at a comedy show except it wasn't funny. For example he question me in the presence of several others as if we were not on the same team. Many others later took offense to his behavior. 2. The next day he ask that I take a walk with him to review of our parts status. When we go to the final part he ask why no one was working on it. I said I would find out. Then he went off on me saying that I should always know the status and that that part had sit for 5 days. I thought this was strange but I didn't have my notes with me so I didn't dispute his claim. Later I investigated and determine that he was incorrect. I sent him a text because it was after hours stating that I apologize for the late response but that we could discuss the next day. Two days later he has not said a word. Today I sent him a note to detail with evidence as to why the part did not sit and that they were working another priority which was for my department as well, which had a higher priority. 3. I work 1st shift and my shift is responsible for providing 2nd shift work instructions. In this case, the 2nd shift supervisor is a known expert in this department and provided training to me on this new program. Over the past 3 months I've learned a lot and have been primarily been independent and we are breaking records in performance and quality. The problem is the this supervisor has only been there about 3 weeks. I've done 4 ships on my own. However one day before leaving the 2nd shift supervisor tells me that he was going to send me work assignments for my people so that they would have instructions and know what to do. I immediately told him I assign them work daily and that we were fine. The next morning I have a memo from him with work instructions and what needed to be down for both shifts...and he copied our supervisor. I really was offended by this. I am twice his age and have much more experience plus my results have been much better than his with the same people that he managed. Our manager has never told me there was a problem with work assignments. Today before leaving work I forwarded the note of assignments to him and told him I would like to discuss it.Your advice on each of these would be appreciated. I am a well seasoned supervisor and in my opinion a good people manager whereby the 2nd shift supervisor has had many complaints about his people skills although he is very knowledgeable. He has over 2.5 years in this area where I've only had 4 months.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Job
Answered in 1 day by:
10/7/2017
Career Counselor: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is the manager doing this to you only based on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?

What is your specific question for us about the situation?

Michael
Michael
Michael, Employment Services