Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional
70951075

With equal opportunity assured, can I secure an appropriate

Customer Question

With equal opportunity assured, can I secure an appropriate teaching/administrative position in a public high school or college? I am highly qualified wit B.Ed; M.Ed. and Ed.D (CI) earned in 2011 in the US. I a citizen and will be 77 tomorrow. I am strong and skilled and have a lot I want to contribute to education.
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Your credentials listed are items that any educational institution would want within their organization. Being a faculty member at a college along with the various degrees are what can help in achieving either a teaching or administrative position.

The issue that might come up is age as although equal opportunity is something that has to be considered, education will often look at younger faculty members just out of college. Such is the fact in any career.

I still feel that locating work in any educational field is still possible at your age as you can bring a wealth of knowledge to the campus. I know of a number of professors and administrators in my alma mater who are at your age or close to it so the opportunity within a college atmosphere I feel is better than at a high school where they might be looking for someone younger and just graduated from college.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

I hope my assistance was useful in deciding for yourself in locating work which any school would be lucky to have you among their faculty. If you could take a moment to rate my assistance so that I know that my answer was useful to you and allow me to assist other customers.

Michael