How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask StructuralEng Your Own Question
StructuralEng, Bachelor's Degree
Category: Job
Satisfied Customers: 7185
Experience:  Engineering Expert
Type Your Job Question Here...
StructuralEng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My nephew is finishing s third year of study at a university

Customer Question

My nephew is finishing his third year of study at a university for a Mechanical Engineering degree. He is interested in finding an internship for the summer. Do you have any recommendations on where to look or how to best research available mechanical engineering related internships?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Job
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

ME is very broad. Does he have an idea what he wants to get into?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have much detail but will ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No specific area. I think he's trying to figure that out. So any suggestions on where to looked would be appreciated.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

The best place to look is with the university's job placement department or with professors. They generally have good relationships with local employers in specific fields

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's done that. I was hoping there might be some online source for listing available internships. I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

There is no resource geared specifically toward internships. Another option is to reach out to larger companies that employ ME - Lockheed Martin, Boeing, GM are a few. Took and die shops, equipment manufacturers are some generic ones.

Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.