How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Employment Services
Category: Job
Satisfied Customers: 3050
Experience:  Employment Services Professional
Type Your Job Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am be considered job and they need proof of employment...

Customer Question

Customer: I am be considered for a job and they need proof of employment... I keep my w2s for 10 years and this was longer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is an vocational education job and they simply want proof of my employment at a business 2000-2002. I could order a w2 from irs but that is costly and this is a time sensitive matter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Job Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Great to hear that you have been considered for a new position with a company and now just getting proof of employment is needed.

While contacting the IRS for your past W-2 statement can cost a bit and take some time, some other suggestions I can recommend:

1. Social Security can send you for a charge your past employment history. The time frame may not work for you in terms of how fast they can mail the information but worth looking into:

2. Background check run on your past history is something that can be done quickly and cost a bit less than the IRS or Social Security. Some services that are recommended are TalentShield, BeenVerified, CVCertify and Social Intelligence.

3. Another suggestion would be to contact previous employers (if they are still in business) and speak to HR or someone who can send a letter verifying that you worked with their firm and the years you were employed with them.