Job

Ask a Career Counselor for Answers ASAP

Job

I need assistance with an email to my supervisor.

Customer Question
Background: I had heard rumbling...
Background: I had heard rumbling about bonuses coming out.
I am the Safety Director of a Construction Company. I didn't know for sure so I did not mention it to my direct reports. Today, one of them came to me asking about it as he had reviewed an email from our Controller. When I asked our Controller the first response was: The incentive plan states that employees must be employed for the entire trimester to be eligible for the incentive plan. Meaning I would have to be employed as of 01/01 for first trimester and 5/1 for second trimester. I was hired on 06/15.
I then asked: Why did my Safety Manage recieve an email and he started just a week before I did. His reply: No there were some discretionary allocations as part of the incentive plan. He is receiving this because of his willingness to jump into travel and spent most of his days in IL this summer.
How do I explain to my boss I am pissed , without being combative in my email. Being I am so upset and feel why should I continue to work 14 hours a day when I have direct report making more then me.
Please create something so me without emotions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Job
10/15/2015
Career Counselor: Christy M, Human Resources Professional replied 2 years ago
Christy M
Christy M, Human Resources Professional

Thank you for your question! My name is ***** ***** I have more than 20 years experience in the HR field. Your question is very well-timed. I am in the process of completing performance appraisals for my team right now as well, so I think I can provide some insight and assist you with your email. I commend you for seeking assistance with this and not writing an email when you are justifiably upset.

Controller (boss),

I appreciate your visiting with me today and providing answers to my questions about bonuses this trimester. I do have a couple other questions and concerns I wanted to mention. I am really glad my Safety Manager was included in the incentive plan as he really has shown a lot of willingness to jump in and help out wherever needed. Since his hire date did not fall within the specifications I understood this incentive period to cover, I am guessing that there are some exceptions in recommending staff for bonuses. I would like to find out more about that. I feel that I have been a very dedicated employee during the 4+ months I have been working here and have worked numerous 14-hour days to get the job done and done right. I am most definitely open to feedback on ways I can improve and meet the needs of our company even better. However, I do feel that the work I have done up to this point has more than met the requirements of the job, and I strive every day to find ways to improve my efficiency and excel.

I would really appreciate being able to sit down with you a few minutes to discuss this further and find out any additional guidance you might have for me.

Thanks so much!

Glory

I've written this email based on the facts given and that I could infer but I will be glad to revise as you might need me to. If no revisions are needed, please rate positively so I may receive credit for assisting you this evening. Thank you so much and good luck!! :)

Hello again! I just wanted to follow up with you to see if there is any additional assistance I might be able to provide. I hope the information I provided before was helpful and if you have any other job-related questions I can assist with just let me know. I'd love to help!

Have a great day!!

Christy

Hello! I have had the privilege of answering questions for you in the past and just wanted to touch base to see if there are any other ways I can assist you. I have close to 20 years of experience in human resources and career coaching which includes resume writing and critique, interview prep/mock interviews, job search/career transition assistance as well as business writing/communication, staff recruiting, onboarding, training and development. I also have extensive business, administration and research skills in a variety of areas.

You are always appreciated at Just Answer and if there is any way I can help you with any questions or challenges you are having, I would love to. Just post a new question and ask for me by name. I’ll be on the lookout for you and I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!!

Thanks again for the opportunity to work with you!

Christy

Christy M
Christy M
Christy M, Human Resources Professional