Job

Ask a Career Counselor for Answers ASAP

Job

May I know is careerstep a good opportunity school

Customer Question
for those wanting to be...
May I know is careerstep a good opportunity school for those wanting to be a medical transcriptionist. If not what is the best way to get into the medical transcription industry? And how well is the pay and benefits usually?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Job
6/10/2015
Career Counselor: Michael, Employment Services replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Employment Services
The Bureau of Labor Statistics in its latest report shows that this industry is growing by 8% from 2012-2022. Pay on average is around $34,000. In terms of how to get into this field and its requirements:
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-transcriptionists.htm
Career Step from my research is AHDI approved(Association of Healthcare Documentation Integrity). From this article as well it seems that this educational service is something worth considering:
http://undress4success.com/career-step-is-not-a-scam/
Though is careerstep a good school for it. Is going to a school that has a career connection a good investment to get into medical transcription?
While no school can guarantee any work after graduation, career stop does offer guidance after graduation so that is a plus that they can help you get hired in this field. Schools that have connections with many hospitals and medical companies will be helpful in hiring from their school.
so I guess career step is a good institution. I wonder is it worth paying a few thousand dollars to get started in medical transcription for school based training?
It is good to have the institution to be approved by an association such as AHDI such as Career Step. You might also wish to consider looking at community college which offers a one and two year degree that can cost you much less than a few thousand and can give you the same education.
Michael
Michael
Michael, Employment Services