I need serious help. I have been looking for a job from the past 4 months and haven't had any luck so far. I am specifically looking for a financial analyst position mainly because I thought this would match with my experience that I have but looks like I might be wrong. Given below are the details about my education and experience that I have . SO here are some questions that I need help with .
1. Please tell me the specific job positions that I can apply for based on my experience . I am not looking for retail or commission jobs . I am looking more for a finance jobs since I just completed my mba in finance
2. Please suggest specific job websites that have higher possibility of landing an interview. I have already been looking on monster, career builder, indeed, glass door, simply hired.
3. please suggest recruiter websites that are good. Recruiters in Houston, tx. Its been really difficult to find a right recruiting agency .
4. I really need some pointers that will help me in landing a finance job .
Given below are my details
MBA: Concentration in Finance
B.S. MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
FINRA (NASD): Series 6, 63; Texas Department of Insurance: Life Agent
Microsoft Office (Advance Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) | Microsoft Access | Microsoft Windows 7, XP, 2000, vista, 98, 97|Lotus 1-2-3 |Linux |SAP |SQL| Hyperion Pillar and OLAP (Budgeting & Analysis| CRM| Microsoft Outlook
• Educate and sell financial products and services to consumers and small business customers including Life Insurance, IRA’s, Mutual Funds, 529 plans, handling loan applications, and responding to customer service requests.
• Perform trade transactions - deposits, liquidation, transfers by using Electronic Client Solutions (ECS). Examine checks for endorsement, negotiability, and fraud.
• Effectively develop and mine centers of influence to expand the customer; for example, cultivated a consumer customer into a business account delivering $2.5M in new revenue.
• Leverage in depth knowledge of financial products and account management to assist the bank in meeting its goals.
• Coach and mentor staff to identify sales opportunities among current and potential customers.
• Work with other partners to improve effectiveness with customers and prospects.
• Work across functional areas to capture additional sales opportunities and full revenue potential of prospects.
• Identify product opportunities among business owners and refer them to other specialists for development.
• Identify larger business opportunities and refer more complex customers to the Relationship Manager Channel primarily for Credits of $250M+.
• Perform comprehensive financial needs analysis and made sound recommendations on appropriate investment products that meet the client specifications.
• Deepen and retain relationships with new and existing customers to ensure cross-sell of deposits, credit, convenience, and personal products.
• Actively manage all personal and business accounts to identify and capture the full opportunity.
• Drive Branch P&L growth by working the existing book of business customers to ensure business and personal cross-sell, capture of entire relationship, and improve customer retention, to increase branch deposit base and revenue growth.
• Managed day-to-day operations of $5M business including sales, merchandising, customer relations, inventory and inventory retail values, security, human resources, and training.
• Managed store finances including P&L, forecasted sales, conducted audits, processed payroll, managed cash, balanced drawers, and prepared bank deposits and reconciliations.
• Managed financial resources of stores with direct accountability for P&L, budget, and costs.
• Verified deposits and held accountable for receipts.
• Analyzed financial reports to identify opportunities for change to deliver budgetary and corporate goals.
• Assembled and led internal auditing teams to identify and correct cash and record discrepancies.
• Forecasted sales, adjusted operating budget, and established product margins required to deliver profit targets.
• Drove profitability and heightened productivity, efficiency, and quality of operations via staffing, training, customer service, inventory, and cost-saving initiatives.
EXECUTIVE STORE MANAGER
• Directed diverse financial aspects of a $5M–$7M retail store which involved merchandising and promotional activities, customer service, inventory management, P&L, budgeting and cash administration, reconciliation, and deposits including store safety and security maintenance. Recruited, hired, trained and supervised 55 full and part-time sales associates/managers while ensuring compliance with company policies.
Thanks for all your help