LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for more than a quarter of a century.
15277592

I had an interview to be a dishwasher and sign holder at this

I had an interview to be a dishwasher and sign holder at this restaurant in my town.?
Based on what they said to me, does it look like I have the job?
The interview was yesterday, and they told me to come at 3:30 today. They told me that they didn't have a shirt for me to wear today, but they will give me something to wear temporarily. They also told me that I'm not going to be washing dishes this week, but that I will normally wash dishes two nights a week and spin the sign the other nights. So if they just wanted me to come in for a second interview, they wouldn't even mention the shirt right? If anything, am I going to at least be doing a trial period?

Good morning Brice,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Congratulations! Based on the description of the conversation, you most certainly do have the job. As they are not having you wash dishes yet, they will likely use this time to have you complete the necessary employment forms, teach you about the restaurant, introduce you to some of the employees you will be working with, and perhaps have you spinning the sign initially.

The reason the mentioned the shirt was because they appear to have a uniform or dress requirement, and they will give you the shirt when they get it. This first night, just wear a long sleeve shirt that you can roll up the sleeves if needed, but leave it long if they prefer that. Also take a polo type short sleeve shirt to have available in case they allow you to wear that---weather permitting.

Were you to have a trial period, they would presumably have mentioned that. No, everything in the conversation tells us that you have been officially hired.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013, and again, congratulations!

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Brice . It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.