Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

It consultation supplier

Customer Question
I am starting an IT...
I am starting an IT consultation business and I am having trouble finding a supplier such as supportspace.com or Arise.com I was looking at supportspace but they have given me a 6 month window until they will allow me to join. Are there any other IT/Technical support suppliers similar to supportspace
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Job
2/27/2012
Career Counselor: DrKlahn,
 replied 6 years ago
DrKlahn

The traditional firm in the field is Analysts International, http://www.analysts.com/Pages/default.aspx. They are a heads-for-hire type firm, which may or may not be what you're looking for. In specialized fields, they are very good to work for - they can bring in contracts a small firm can not.

Thanks for your response and they do seem interesting. But what I am really looking for is a company that acts more as a liaison between my company and its affiliates. I am looking for a company that would help me establish my clients.
This is why I threw out Arise.com and Supportspace.com They seem to play more of a partnership role where I can employ others and share their clients.
Career Counselor: DrKlahn,
 replied 6 years ago

I don't know of any such companies personally, but JustAnswer is a community of independent consultants, and someone almost certainly does know of such a company. I'll pass this question back to the expert pool. If there is no response in the next day or so, it may be useful to ask a moderator to move this question out of the computers area and into an appropriate business forum.

I wish you great luck in your endeavor, and a speedy response.

Career Counselor: Lindie-Moderator, Moderator replied 6 years ago
Lindie-Moderator
Lindie-Moderator, Moderator
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
yes I am
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Career Counselor: Danielle-Mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Danielle-Mod

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

I would like to continue trying to find an answer for me
Career Counselor: BrianHibbert,
 replied 6 years ago
BrianHibbert
If you are a service provider (from the 10 years of troubleshooting experience comment I assume that is your focus), then there are several web sites that provide work for you to perform.

These sites offer intermediaries between you and companies offering specific work assignments (such as Onsite needed to replace a drive or install memory). In your dealings with the end user, you typically represent yourself as working for the service buyer.

I commonly use:
www.onforce.com
www.workmarket.com
www.fieldnation.com
and
www.fieldsolutions.com

Each of these sites has it's own good and bad points, pay structures, etc. but all can get you work in your local area. They can route business to you based upon distance from your zip code (but some of the sites notify you of work orders outside your preferred area).

Those sites are mostly looking for hands on hardware support providers. There are also a number of programming freelancer web sites, if that's your focus.

BrianHibbert