Job

Ask a Career Counselor for Answers ASAP

Job

I am interested in getting involved in the judgement collections

Customer Question
in NYC. What is the...
I am interested in getting involved in the judgement collections in NYC. What is the best route to take get started in this industry? Ideally I would like to start out of my home and gradually build it to an external fully functioning business.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Job
1/18/2012
Career Counselor: hrguru206, HR Professional replied 6 years ago
hrguru206
hrguru206, HR Professional

hrguru206 :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Have you worked for a collection agency in the past? If not I would start there to gain experience about the local state and city laws regarding protecting debtor rights. You should be very familiar with the Fair Debt Collections Practicing Act. I would also advise you to look into an online training program. One example is http://www.e-prg.com/ This will also allow you to learn the ins and outs of the business; you should allow yourself at least one year of on the job experience. Then you will need to contact your department of State to find out if there are any licensing requirements. After that point you can start your in home business by researching filed judgment collections, contacting the companies and establishing contracts with clients to collect debts on their behalf. Once you get your business up and running and establish and income and some clients you may also wish to purchase some debt collection software, one example is Sentinel.

If you found my answer helpful please select the green accept button as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

hrguru206
hrguru206, HR Professional
I just wanted to take a minute to follow up with you and see if I was of any assistance to you or if you needed any additional information. I want to ensure you are getting all of your questions answered to your satisfaction.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you as it has been seen that Experts were not receiving all of their replies yesterday do to a system error. Please let me know if you need any additional information or tried to reply and do not see it posted.
hrguru206
hrguru206
hrguru206, HR Professional