Job

Ask a Career Counselor for Answers ASAP

Job

A customer came to your department with an urgent question.

Customer Question
You promised her that you...
A customer came to your department with an urgent question. You promised her that you would collect information about her question and answer it by noon. It will take you at least 20 minutes to gather the information needed to provide an answer. It is now 11:50 a.m. Your supervisor just scheduled a 30-minute meeting to start at noon. This meeting is for all employees in your department. You decide to:
Find the customer after the meeting and apologize.
Ask your supervisor if you can be late for the meeting.
Arrange to have the customer call you back at a better time.
Contact the customer right away and hope that she can be found.
what would you do in this situation their are four answers above choose one
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Job
5/13/2011
Career Counselor: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
LawTalk, Lawyer
Good morning,

Because the customer was promised an answer by Noon, it would be inappropriate to leave them hanging until after the meeting for an apology.

Also, you know what the customer wants, it would do little good to have the customer call back---you will need to contact the customer when you have the answer to their inquiry.

You failed to properly prioritize your schedule to accommodate a customer's request, and that is not a valid excuse to ask to be allowed to come to the meeting late.

The proper thing to do is to contact the customer, tell them that something has come up and that you will get back with them as soon as you can---providing another tentative time you will call by. The answer is 4.

I wish you well.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely ***** ***** abiding by the honor system as regards ***** ***** I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug

LawTalk, Lawyer
LawTalk, Lawyer