Job

Ask a career counselor for answers ASAP

my son is studying for a national diploma in electrical engi…

Customer Question
my son is studying for...
my son is studying for a national diploma in electrical engineering in south africa nelson mandela university he is expected to do workplacement from july 2010 and he would like to do it in uk liverpool where i live.which companies can he approach thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Job
Answered in 2 days by:
6/11/2010
Career Counselor: Joan-Mod, JA Support replied 8 years ago
Joan-Mod
Joan-Mod, JA Support
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Best,
Joan
Career Counselor: JOGANN, Executive replied 8 years ago
JOGANN
JOGANN, Executive

HelloCustomer

I have searched in Liverpool and can find no vacancies for positions as Electrical Engineers for any but the most Senior positions. Your son should consider approaching multinational corporations with a presence in both South Africa and in Liverpool in order to find employment in his field of study, but he should be aware that there may be a limitation on its applicability and transferability if he works in South Africa and then transfers to a location in the UK. In approaching such multinational companies in South Africa, he might be best served by asking their human resources department about opportunities for employment in the UK.

Additionally, he may want to contact his University's career center for advice and assistance, and to reach out to professional associations and organizations in his career field.

Please press "accept" so I will receive credit for having assisted you. As always, I appreciate bonuses and positive feedback.

Best regards,

Jo

Edited by JOGANN on 6/11/2010 at 10:21 PM EST
JOGANN
JOGANN, Executive

HelloCustomer

I notice that you rated me negatively, and commented that you did not receive what you expected. I will try to give you what you want, and in order to do so I will need to understand in what way you feel you did not get what you needed. In the alternative, we can refund the money from your request, as I do not want you to pay for something if you feel the answer you received and the effort I put forward in answering it did not meet your need. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Jo

Edited by JOGANN on 6/13/2010 at 1:43 AM EST