Job

Ask a Career Counselor for Answers ASAP

Job

An ex-boyfriend attacked me and robbed my home. He went as

Customer Question
far as saying if I...
An ex-boyfriend attacked me and robbed my home. He went as far as saying if I went to the police he would kill me or worst kill my kids. I filed a police report and to find out they offered no protection for me or my kids. Needless to say I got no protection or cooperation from my job either. Before returning to work from short term disability leave required in my recovery from torn ligament in my finger, and the mental stress, I emailed my store managers and my HR department and explained my situation. I work in a retail environment open to the public. My request was to be placed in different position that wouldn't require me to be customer facing, in case he made good of his threats. It's been almost a year; I work the same job as before the threats. At night I can’t sleep, my doctor prescribed sleeping pills which have hardly any affects now. My job performance is poor, I have been written up twice this year for not meeting sells quota. I am so afraid and stressed out that I might lose my job. Not to mention I haven’t gone to court yet. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Job
3/7/2010
Career Counselor: Teacher Editor, Instructor replied 7 years ago
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor
I think the best thing for you to do is to move to an area where your ex doesn't know you are there and cannot get to you easily. There, you can get a new job and start over. In these types of situations, even if you have a restraining order, many times they don't protect you. Thus, just move to somewhere far away and start your life over for you and your kids.
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor