Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Was laying down and felt a shock feeling in the middle of my…

Customer Question
was laying down and felt...
was laying down and felt a shock feeling in the middle of my arm but no chest pain. Could this be heart related? Felt like it was in the inside of my arm.lasted only a second and went awsy
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cardiology
5/28/2018
Cardiologist: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 2 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

Which arm was it?

Do you have any numbness or weakness in that arm?

Left arm. No

okay, thank you.

The fact that this pain was only for 1 second. and then went away makes it very unlikely that this was part related. In addition you are young in age, and it is unlikely that you have any significant cardiac disease.

This was more likely to be related to a pinched nerve type scenario, which can cause sharp sudden pains that quickly get better. If this happened only once, it is likely that he will not have to worry about this. If this occurs more than once and becomes a constant issue, you could ask your doctor for further testing and evaluation, which may include imaging of the neck, cervical spine.