Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I keep getting this ongoing burning feeling in my chest. I…

Customer Question
I keep getting this ongoing...
I keep getting this ongoing burning feeling in my chest. I we the er and ekg , xray , and blood work is normal . Should I be concerned
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you

You should not be worried.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Esophageal spasm
2) Esophageal motility disorder
3) Esophagitis.

Following treatment may help you;

Anti reflux therapy;

1) antacids; Maalox

2) acid blocker; Prilosec

3) loosing weight, if overweight.

4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products

5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.

6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.

7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.

Following also would be helpful;
Nutrition and supplements;

1) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.5) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It's an ongoing burning pain. Is this normal ? I'm scared that what I'm feeling is a warning sign for a heart attack ? I've felt the burning and chest pain a little when I went to the er and now I've been feeling an ongoing sensation since I've been discharge frim hospital

Burning feeling is likely due to acid reflux / esophagitis.

With your investigations being normal, heart issue is ruled out.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.