Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I get sporadic sensation of a pulse in multiple places in my…

I get sporadic sensation of...
I get sporadic sensation of a pulse in multiple places in my body. Each independent. Sometimes in my leg or feet or my arms or my butt or lower back. It feels like pulse, sometimes couple of pulses. My blood pressure is fine and my heart rate is fine too. Is this something to be concerned with? It was happening more frequently the last few days.
3/29/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.

Please reply to the following queries to answer you better.
Since when are you having the symptom?

How long does each episode last?
Do you have any other symptom?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?
I shall answer your question soon after I get those information.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
How long does each episode last? usually when I am sitting down. I just get a pulse here pulse there or a couple. may be every few minutes or few in a row. Hours can go by without any burst. Often after I drink coffee or feel dehydrated.
Do you have any other symptom? No
Did you consult doctor or have any test? I had a stress test and CT angiogam done on my in the last few months and both were find. I have a slight arythmia during recovery. (The blood pressure machine shows irregular sign). In fact I might get a monitor in the next few days to check it. It happens sometimes after workout or a heavy meal. I also have heart burn. However, when these strange sporadic pulses happen and I take my BP the machine shows everything normal
I take Lisinporil 10 mg. And Metropolel 12.5 mg daily

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.
Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the input.
I understand your concern.
It is not pulse.
It sounds like muscle twitch.
Muscle twitch is often benign.
Benign twitch can be due to electrolyte, calcium and vitamin deficiency.
Anxiety, stress, excess caffeine can also cause it.
Muscle fatigue can have a role.
Lack of sleep can cause it.
Though neurological disorder can be a cause but it is usually associated with loss of sensation, weakness, wasting etc.
Please take plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables, fluid to correct any deficiency.
If you develop any other symptom, I would advise to get an examination by his doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** am getting these muscle twitches in multiple places of my body? I do have a running prescription of muscle relaxant for past neck pain that I take only on a need basis. I can try to take it conifrm this. It's 2 mg DIAzPM

Diazepam can help.
It is likely from anxiety.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
But I have no anxiety at all now... I am perfectly calm and all my numbers are good. But at any rate, If the symptoms sound benign to you, I will leave it at that.... I don't have any other symptoms associates with these episodes except it is bothersome and worrying...

Other cause can be electrolyte changes.
You can take plenty of fluid, gatorade.
Please stay relax.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)