Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I was drinking last night coming from our block party. I…

I was drinking last night...
I was drinking last night coming from our block party. I woke up an hour ago feeling like an anxiety attack was coming on. I too half of one of my anxiety medication which are Ativan and it feels like it’s gitting worse?
Could it be slowing down my hart to where it could be detrimental?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Thank you

How is your pulse rate?

How is blood pressure?

What are the symptoms you are having now?

How old are you?

It’s about 60 per min which is in acceptable range right? I still feel tight and discomforting pains on the left of my chest Ish
I’m 35 been an athlete all my life till the last 6 months

Which medicine do you take for anxiety?

At which dose?

I don’t know how to check my blood pressure but it could be pumping too hard

Which medicine do you take for anxiety regularly?

At which dose?

I take 100mg of lamictal daily and .5-1mg of Ativan as needed. I try to take as little as possible

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The heart rate of 60 is within normal limits.
In athletes it can be lower.
The tight feeling can be from anxiety.
Heart issues like angina can cause it but it is less common at your age.
Sometimes, gastritic, reflux can occur after drinking.
You can continue your antianxiety medicines.
Zantac, Gas X can be taken too.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
An EKG, blood work & other tests can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you I’ll try the gas-x an have an appointment Monday with my primary. Hopefully it’s in my head, but you never know till something bad happens.. thank you for your help

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)