Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed with variant angina. About 2 years…

Customer Question
I have been diagnosed...

I have been diagnosed with variant angina. About 2 years ago. I've had cardiac catheterization which showed a 65% blockage which was not fixed at that time doctor said it did not meet the criteria to be fixed. I'm on nitrates high blood pressure medication statins the the attacks seem to be getting stronger and lasting longer mostly happen in the middle of the night or at rest I'm not sure what to do. Could this lead to a heart attack? I'm a 51 year old female

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Three months ago my mother had her first heart attack in 55 she just she died this past August. I've had high blood pressure for about 15 years on medication that long

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ovarian cancer at 24 years old had a complete hysterectomy.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cardiology
3/22/2018
Cardiologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your angina is worsening and could lead to heart attack, you need to to see your doctor again and get a thorough evaluation as you might need stenting at this point. So better to get it checked again to be on safe side.

sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!