Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a remedy for low blood pressure?

Customer Question
is there a remedy for low blood pressure?
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Cardiology
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
i have kidney problem and on dialysis...
3/22/2018
Cardiologist: Dr. Saleem, Other replied 30 days ago
Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. With chronic kidney failure its actually a bit difficult to control blood pressure . You need to restrict salt and water intake . No more then 1L of water in a day . Calcium channel blockers like amlodipine or nifedipine are drugs of choice for blood pressure control in kidney patients.

The dose depends on how elevated your blood pressure is .

Let me know if you have any further queries

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
LOW blood pressure... any rememdy?

Alright sorry i thought you asked about lowering blood pressure. Well its the salt intake and mineralocorticoids e,g fludrocortisone or midodrine that can be taken. However as in kidney dysfunction its preferable to be on low salt diet for avoiding fluid retention so it MUST only be taken with advice of your treating physician.

You can discuss about midodrine or fludrocortisone with your doctor

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other