Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Can you please let me know what you think my condition is…

Customer Question
can you please let me...
can you please let me know what you think my condition is asap because i need to resolve this issue asap its been going on too long call me at(###) ###-####. does white blood cell count being high affect the healing process if you just had a brain cooiling surgery. i also have coratid anyersims so shouldn't my insurance Kaiser permanente be treating those instead of makig me wait and i also have polysistic kidney and liver disease and hypertension . i was reading on and alzhiemers pamphlet that if you had kidney disease or swelling in the brain it could cause temporary memory symptoms and since my sugery everyone has been asking me the same questions over and over like i forgot they just asked me or something its frustrating can you please help me shed some light on the situation. could i need blood flow to the brain
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cardiology
3/21/2018
Cardiologist: Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon

Hello -

How high is the white blood cell count?

How long ago was the coiling surgery?

The coiling was December 22 2017 I would have to check my records to see how high the white blood count was but it was significantly higher because a doctor mentioned it and was wondering about it

OK.

Your coiling procedure was 3 months ago, so you have already done much of the "healing" from that procedure.

The white blood cell count being higher is likely related to an issue with a current infection, and not related to your coiling procedure.

The white blood cell count being higher would not have anything to do with the amount of blood flow to your brain. The fact that you are sitting at the computer, writing coherent sentences tells me that you are having enough blood flow to the brain.

What do you think it is .I am concerned due to the fact that I keep having weird symptoms like loss of words and blurred vision weakness in hands and legs and tingling in hands and legs and coldness and tingling in the face.friday I had numbess of the right side and pain in the rights side of my body my surgery was in the circle of Willis right side all my symptoms were on the right side foot injury is on the right side tarsal tunnel release was on the right side tonsillectomy around same time as symptoms started as well
Have nodule in my throat suspicious .tested positive for d dimer no one did vq scan or checked my legs or throat only chest CT done worried need your assistance in this matter promptly please thank you

Hello-

It is impossible for us to know online what this could be, as we don't have access to your lab values, or your whole medical history. I would advise you to discuss this further with your primary care doctor.

The increased white blood cell count could be representative of an infection, so having your doctor order chest xray, further bloodwork, and urine testing can be helpful. D dimer can be positive after a surgical procedure, but if there is leg swelling as well, then they would order a venous duplex study on the legs to rule out blood clots (DVT).

Your neurologic symptoms - loss of words, blurry vision, weakness in hands and legs and tingling in the face can't be easily explained by one thing (a single aneurysm coiling procedure couldn't cause all those symptoms at the same time), so it would be worth discussing with your doctor who could then order further imaging of the brain (MR angiogram, MRI) to make sure nothing else is going on.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!