Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have high blood pressure and take medication for it. Once…

Customer Question
I have high blood pressure...
I have high blood pressure and take medication for it. Once in a great while ( maybe 3 times a year) my blood pressure will drop so low I will collapse on the floor, stay conscious but feel death is very close. I have an appointment (04-03-2018) at the VA in Iowa City with a neurologist but don't expect much from them. I am a 62 year old man with an average BP of 150/88.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cardiology
3/12/2018
Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like your help with my problem. I might add that 15 years ago my abdominal aorta was 100% plugged and had to be replaced from below the diaphragm down into both legs at the groin.

what meds do you take?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
aspirin 325,atenolol 100mg, omeprazole 20mg, ergocalciferol vit d2 50,000 cap weekly, Lisinopril 10mg, atorvastatin calcium 80mg, preservision 120, Chantix, sertraline hcl 100mg. To darn many.

you might need to reduce the atenolol

just click send to reply

Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor