Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately- so not sure…

I've been dealing with...

I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately- so not sure if this because of that. But i have been feeling very anxious past two weeks, I'm able to get it under control. The concerning issue I'm having is controlling heat? I feel like my face is hot, mouth is hot, eyes warm and ears too. That comes and goes and sometimes lasts well over an hour. Hot baths and showers make it worse. Is this anxiety?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Today I tried acupuncture and The room was very warm or so I thought. My hands were sweating and my heart rate felt elevated and my face on fire. The woman next to me had on a scarf and sweater- seemed fine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My worry is that I was handling chloramphenicol for a pet for a couple months (gloves etc) but may have come in contact. I'm also really tired and appetite fluctuates.

2/15/2018
Dr. David, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked? high thyroid hormone levels can cause you to feel hot.

Female 31 my thyroid level has not been checked. Planning on going in for a blood work up
The hot feeling is really only in my face/ears. Hands and feet are cold

your hot symptoms could be due to high thyroid hormone levels .

or could be due to bad anxiety symptoms possibly

Which is hyperthyroidism?

hyperthyroidism is high thyroid hormone levels in your body.

Okay

please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor