Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a replaced aortic valve( porcine)2009& a pacemaker(

Customer Question
also 2009) for total heart...
I have a replaced aortic valve( porcine)2009& a pacemaker( also 2009) for total heart block.
Recently toldI have AFandhada Stroke around 11/23/17. Cardiologist wants to add PRADAXA to my rx’s along with my new(2weeks) on Plavix.
I do not feel the AF, but I was totally unaware I had a stroke also. I’m concerned due to statements about blood thinners not for use with artificial HV. I know mine isn’t artificial, but it is not my own. I also have questions why my Medtronic pacer isn’t controlling the AF? Do not want to keep adding rx’s especiallyisf NOT necessary
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cardiology
1/7/2018
Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

why are you on plavix?

just click send to reply