Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I was told I had a period size st compression. What does…

Customer Question
I was told I...

I was told I had a period size st compression

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've experienced (e.g. shortness of breath, heart palpitations, minor physical effort making you feel tired)?

What does that mean

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've always had a slow heart rate And I have high blood pressure

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes, there is a history I had an EKG last week

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Cardiologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Are you referring to an ST depression?
when EKG was done, I was told not to worry about it because it was so small. But I want to know what could be wrong.
If the ST depression was small that it isn’t anything to be worried about. It’s common to have S.T. depressions in either a muscular heart or it’s just the way your heart functions. But because it is small it isn’t anything that indicates disease of the heart.