Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has never suffered with high blood pressure until…

Customer Question
My husband has never...

My husband has never suffered with high blood pressure until last week. He was admitted to the hospital last Wed. with a bp of 212/1something. Im sorry I don't remember the exact number. He was extremely dizzy and nauseated. They did get his pressure down and released him Thurs. He just told me he wasn't feeling well and I took his bp it was 175/104. He is taking toprlol ans triamterene. He has had both of his meds today. He is also diabetic. Is there something we can do here at home?

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

They went over him pretty good in the hospital and he's not sure about the high bp in family. His mother had several strokes, but he can't say for sure if it was due to high bp.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just that he is diabetic and using insulin.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
12/30/2017
Cardiologist: drsohaib, Doctor replied 7 months ago
drsohaib
drsohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

How much Toprol he is taking?