Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 30 years old male 100 kg and 174 cm. I have ibs and…

Customer Question
I am 30 years old...
I am 30 years old male 100 kg and 174 cm. I have ibs and gerd. I am going through stress lately from studies and some family issues. I am studying hard and i started feeling cold in my feet and hands. Checked my bp was 132/85 and my tummy is bloated badly. With yellowish kind of stool. I sat for sometime and it dropped to 124/83. I wonder why is that the cold extremeties. Can it be due to the stress or the ibs can increase my dialostic pressure. Kindly help.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cardiology
12/29/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. David, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

bad anxiety symptoms from stress can cause cold extremities.

bad anxiety and stress can cause IBS and irritable bowel symptoms.

your blood pressure is fine

let me know if you have questions.

is this something bad or life threatening or it would dissipate with the reduction of stress?

it is not life threatening

everyone is different

some people have excessive anxiety symptoms, even when there is no stress.

Actually, i am not resting much since my exams are coming up and i am working as well.

it sounds like you are under a lot of pressure.

i am. Actually in two weeks i should be done. I try to look after myself in a way that i go to spa i try to pamper myself. However, it still gets to me the pressure

you may want to see a primary care doctor about treatment for excessive anxiety symptoms if you continue to have bad anxiety symptoms.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Actually before i was under librocol that was given for my ibs. Since i knew it had benzodiazepines i did not want to put myself in the process of taking medicines continuously for ibs and anxiety. I asked the doctor to wean me off and i am off librocol since feb 2016. Can these anxieties be a withdrawal symptoms ?
The thing i would find a way to go through these anxieties which dont really occur much rather than take medications for life which might have severe side effects

it sounds like your anxiety symptoms are not well treated at this point off librocol.

it sounds like you need medications at this point

there are other medications like sertraline, fluoxetine, paroxetine which can help decrease your anxiety symptoms.

Actually i barely get anxiety unless i am very stressed and lack sleep and have a lot of things to do

you should make sure you get enough sleep

regular exercise can help you have less anxiety symptoms.

Dr. David, Doctor