Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

My bp is high ive taken bp med also dont feel well. Just a…

Customer Question
My bp is high...

My bp is high ive taken bp med also dont feel well

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Just a day or two ago .yes there is

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High cholesttol and some chest pains

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cardiology
i feel like something is puttting it up and my doctor is no help
hello
ive not had an answer
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Cardiologist: The Physician, Doctor replied 5 months ago
The Physician
Hello
My name is***** am an Emergency Physician
What medications are you taking?
What numbers are you getting on your blood pressure monitor
How long have you had hypertension?
Do you have any other medical conditions?
was on propranolol a statin and started in perindropril a few days ago. my legs are swollen and some chest pains and dizzy. just not feeling right. feel like no one is listening to be honest.
ive had readings up to 170 and 124 bottom reading.its been quite high for days now
Did you get an EKG in the last visit?
Are you having shortness of breath on exertion?
no havent had any tests .yes im breathless
had and ECG in the past which was ok
the docs treat me like im just a worrier.
have stomach cramps dont know if thats related
I think you need to go to an Emergency Department or nearest urgent care
You need to be evaluated
For starters, you need an EKG
Then blood tests to determine if your heart is failing as well as your kidney functions
Then you need a diuretic added to your BP meds
In fact, you need to visit an Emergency room this morning
Or call 911 if the chest pain persis
is this bad lije will i get better
Thanks for sharing with JA
What I have given you is the best advise regarding standard of care in your BEST interest
Rate my answer or click the accept button
The reason for the EKG is quickly determine if you are having ischemia
It is the most dangerous consequence
All others can be treated fairly quickly
That is why I advise urgent action
ok thank you u have been a great help. I dont need a call i will go to hospital today. Again thank you.
Please do not forget to click the accept button or rate the answer
The system has not acknowledged my reply to you until you do soThanks again for making it JA
The Physician
The Physician
The Physician, Doctor