Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have taken a small amount of cocain with my

Customer Question
Hi there, I have taken...
Hi there, I have taken a small amount of cocain with my antidepressant, and 2x7.5 imovane tablets. Should I be ok to go to bed? I have a history of heart disease so do not want to sleep if this will affect my heart. I’m 28 with no diagnosed Ilnesses so far
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
12/6/2017
Cardiologist: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

This combination of drugs should not cause any significant side effects. The cocaine being a stimulant may reduce the effect of your sleeping pills (Imovane) and may minimally offset the effect of your antidepressant, but only for a short period of time. You should not suffer any side effects from this combination. May I suggest though that in the future, this is not a good combination for you, especially with a history of heart disease. You can safely go to sleep and will awaken without problems.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

How did you sleep?