Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have pre hypertension and I'm 22 years old. I've lived…

Customer Question
Hello I have pre hypertension...
Hello I have pre hypertension and I'm 22 years old. I've lived with second hand smoke for 18 years been clean of it for five years. I'm 6ft 210 pounds just started to exerscise and eat right but for most of my life I've been obese with bad diet. My bp is about 135/ 90 somthines lower is this indicate that my arteries are gardens or not flexiable ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
11/27/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Your blood pressure is in the pre-hypertension stage and this means that the blood pressure is still not elevated above the normal value to cause any complication or irreversible adverse effects. This means that your arteries are still flexible. With diet and exercise, you should reduce your weight which will lead to a reduction of blood pressure. So, at present, you don't have any side effects due to hypertension but if the blood pressure continues to increase then you can have complications of hypertension.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Well I have a few concerns. Why does this elevated pressure happen in the first place? Espically in someone my age? Isint this a sign of artery damage or loss of flexiabilty?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I would love to answer all your future questions. But please reply and inform me whether my previous answer was satisfactory and answered your initial question.

Thank you!

It was good but I need more info

Dear customer,
Thank you for replying.
I will gladly continue to answer your questions and give you more info. Please rate my answer with 5 stars and even after the rating, I will be here to answer your future questions and doubts.
Thank you!

I will rate after more info

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

The elevated pressure is due to obesity and the weight gain that increases the contractility of the heart since it has to supply to more tissue. This is not due to any arterial damage.

Take care.

Now please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device). I will continue to answer your questions even after the rating.
Thank you!

How long will it take to lower my bp I have cut most salt out of my diet and have lost five pounds it's only been a week but how long with diet and walking should it take to see improvement somtimes my low number reaches the mid nities if I just sat down from walking with out waiting

Dear customer,

Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you!

My question is stated above

Dear customer,
Thank you for replying.
Thank you!

I will gladly give rating but I need all my info first

Dear customer,

Thank you!

You should lose around 5 to 10% of your body weight to see an improvement and reduction of blood pressure.

Take care.

Now I would request you to please rate the answer with 5-stars as you have promised to do.
Thank you!

Do I have to work out hard to lower bp or just long walks for a half hour or so would be good?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Before discussing further I would request you to kindly let me know whether your previous questions were answered to your satisfaction.

Thank you!

Well dr there all congruent to my problem I need all the info to know what I'm dealing with but your doing fine

Dear customer,

Thank you for the assurance that I have answered your questions.

You should work out more with an increase in duration and intensity with an aim of at least losing 10% of your body weight.

Take care.

Thank you!

Why all the extra requests? A bonus? I don't think these constant offers and requests for top grade is unsatisfactory to me

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Sorry regarding these requests. I assure you that I will continue to answer your questions even after the rating. This is to make you feel comfortable to rate the answer with 5 stars.

Thank you!

I think I will ask another expert