Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Age 82 female, intermittent sharp chest pain; BP jumping…

Customer Question
Age 82 female, intermittent...

Age 82 female, intermittent sharp chest pain; BP jumping around currently 183/96 Pulse 94, this is high for me

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Complete blood work 2 mos. ago rheumatologist, know of no hx of hypertension family, last PE year ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have quite severe anxiety syndrome; on alprazolam .05 taken down from 1.5 mgs by psychiatrist, Rx'd Remeron which wired me at 7.5 mg, no sleep at all last night, just hyper. Anxiety if familial and have had it for many years, could this be benzo withdrawal?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cardiology
11/23/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your systolic blood pressure of 183 is significantly high and need to be addressed. With intermittent sharp pains, you need to go to emergency room or urgent care for evaluation and an EKG.

Overall all of your symptoms; with no sleep, anxiety; may be related to benzo withdrawal.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor