Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

What is unable angina? Can an Er doctor diagnos it?

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cardiology
11/22/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

it means you basically are on the brink of a heart attack

so it is like an impending heart attack

Yes, an ER doctor can diagnose it.

is this helpfuL?

I’m not sure I am 44 year old femal with high triglycerides possible diabetic and high blood pressure. I went to er Sunday night becaus I felt burning sensation left side of chest and arm. They did ekg, cardiac enzymes and x rays gave me morphine and then I was discharged because everything came back normal. I went back the following afternoon because numbness and tingling was on left shoulder and down arm and burning sensations jn in upper bellyThe once again Ran ekg cardiac enzymes and chest x ray gave me something for heart burn and something similar to ibuprofen. Labs and test came back normal once again and he said it was my chest wall. I left for Colorado yesterday morning it is a***** I was feeling a little odd like something was stuck in my throat. I ant to say I was short of breath but I was able to take a deep breath so I’m not sure. Then the symptoms just went away and now every once in a awhile I will feel a twinge of pain in left side of chest sometimes left arm is this unstable angina? Wouldn’t they have noticed it at er? I can’t see cardiologist until the 30th and I am new patient so I am not sure what to do or think

No this isn't unstable angina

UA comes with exertion

not at rest

it sounds like you are having some anxiety too correct?

I believe so, maybe because doctor couldn’t tell me why it happened or what was going on. I mean because it all started when I was laying on the couch after dinner Sunday and that was when I went to the er and was discharged and told to aspirin daily and follow up with cardiologist. Then I went back that following afternoon and was told to take ibuprofen every 4-6 hours and to follow up with family doctor and cardiologist. I have be worried about it being plaque build up or angina. Then my friend said unstable angina because it lasted for several hours went away and now all I get is twinges of pain left side of chest and arm

It could be just a pinched nerve

I highly doubt anything cardiac

I think you are good!

Why do you doubt it is anything cardiac
I get winded when I walk my heart pounds hard I have hot spells the pains on left side of chest become more frequent and burning belly and chest...
I heard ekg enzyme test and tarponkn are accurate

have you had a stress tesst?

No I have an appointment on the 30th

Ok you need a stress test

However, unstable angina would show EKG changes and likely a troponin change too

I am headed back to SC now it is a***** Last night as I was laying down my throat felt like it was on fire and radiated through my whole body. Lasted for 1 hr or so. I woke up in a cold sweat this morning with burning sensation in belly as well as back of neck. I nee ls to know of taking aspirin until I get home woll be enough so I can get to er

sounds like uncontrolled reflux

not your heart

Antacids aren’t working

which ones?

I ate 3 Rolaids
It happened 6 hrs after I ate is that normal

you should get on something better like prilosec

Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor