Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

My husvan is 81 and has been diagnoised with slightly

Customer Question
My husvan is 81...

My husvan is 81 and has been diagnoised with slightly leaking valve. he also afib which he takes blood thinner for. what is the treatment for a man whos 81?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

He is taking meds for cholesteral, meds for high blood pressure an med for tyroid and warfarin for afib.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
11/22/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Does he have symptoms from it?

no

Then I would just keep him on the blood thinner and let him be

If I were 81 and had no symptoms from a fib, that is what I would do with myself

is this heplfuL?

Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.
If you have more questions, just reply :)