Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I get shortness of breath, dizzy, sometimes I float in and…

Customer Question
I get shortness of breath...
I get shortness of breath, dizzy, sometimes I float in and out of Consciousness . Sometimes I faint. I know irregular heart beat and a leaking vale. I did the take home test with wires two years ago and they wanted me to where for 30 days. But i didnt do and i get these test and no answers I don't know what to do anymore
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
11/21/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist

Welcome back and im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually the symptoms that you are describing are characteristic for heart arrhythmias. These are irregular and rapid heart rhythms which can lead to the dizziness, lightheadedness and even the repeated loss of consciousness that you experience from time to time. Wearing the heart monitor for 30 days would DEFINITELY detect which kind of heart rhythm abnormality you have been experiencing and once the type is determined, you can be started on medications to prevent these from occurring again. The problem here is that there are several types of heart arrhythmias and each one has a different medication, your doctors cant start you on the right medication before they know what type you have. Starting you on the wrong medication can actually worsen the problem in some cases. The 30 day holter monitor is thus very important here. This can also be followed by electrophysiological studies which can determine if the problem lies with the electrical system of the heart and if that is the case then simply doing a procedure known as radiofrequency ablation would eliminate the problem completely.

Secondly, apart from these heart tests you should also be looked into for thyroid disorders which can cause these heart rhythm issues as well, even adrenal gland disorders like insufficiency can lead to these symptoms as well.

So you should first get a echocardiogram, EKG, 30 day holter monitor test done and then proceed from there.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.