Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I am taking aspavor, but since taking it i have been having…

Customer Question
Hi Dr i am...

Hi Dr i am taking aspavor, but since taking it i have been having this eird pains on my upper chest above my breasts is this as a result of the apsavor aspavor

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

No, no shortness of breath

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a PE in march and has been on asprin and bio atenelol daily i asked to change the simvastatin to aspavor as i was having terrible side effects on simvastatin

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Aspavor is brand name for atorvastatin. It belongs to same group of medicine (statin) as simvastatin.

These are known to cause muscle pain or muscle fiber damage.

So your pain in upper chest may be due to Aspavor.

You may need to stop it.

Your doctor may like to start another group of medicines for lowering cholesterol / lipids.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor