Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband frequently feels c old in his chest. He has

Customer Question
My husband frequently feels...

My husband frequently feels c old in his chest. He has diabetes.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

He has had diabetes for about 6 years and the cold feeling has been going on for about 3 year

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He takes meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol. He has an irregular heartbeat.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
11/11/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Saleem, Other replied 7 months ago
Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well it is not very uncommon complain in diabetic patients and doesnt usually need any treatment. These altered sensations areusually a result of nerve damage due to longstanding diabetes .

Nerve medications like pregabalin and gabapentin can help alleviate such symptoms.

Other causes include anxiety or panic which obviously needs psychiatrists care if at all there.

Hope it answered your query.

Hope it was useful.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.