Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

My mother has recently been diagnosed with tachycardia.

She’s had 4 episodes in...
My mother has recently been diagnosed with tachycardia. She’s had 4 episodes in total. For 3 of the 4 times she was lying on her left side in bed. She’s wondering if the position in which she was lying had anything to do with bringing on the tachycardia. She just had a whole cardio work-up and her heart is strong with no blockages. Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2017
tazechip

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How was the tachycardia diagnosed and how fast was her heart rate?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
An EKG was used to diagnose. The type was SVT. The heart rate 152
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
12 mg of Denizen was used to convert

OK

With SVT it wasn't the position she was in that caused it

This is an electric problem with the heart and not a coronary artery/blood flow problem and it isn't an impending heart attack

This may not happen again but if it does she might need a medication like propranolol or verapamil to treat it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Right now she’s on Metoprolol Tartrate 25 mg twice a day. And just started on Flecainide 50 mg twice a day.

Good--that's a very effective combination

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

tazechip
tazechip
tazechip
tazechip, MD