Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a burning sensation under my jaw on the right side of…

I have a burning...

I have a burning sensation under my jaw on the right side of my neck. it comes and goes. it is enough to be uncomfortable.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

It seems to be about a month. No tingling or numbness

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
tazechip

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any tenderness there?

Does it hurt to open and close your mouth?

No and No

Can you please post a photo for me showing me where it's located?

No I have no cell service where I am at presently

Then can you tell me exactly where the pain is located?

Right side just below the curve of jaw. It is where that gland is

Got it

That's a submandibular salivary gland

Sounds like you may have a stone in the duct and that can cause this kind of pain

At this point it doesn't sound like it's infected but it can get there if the stone doesn't pass

You need to see an ear nose and throat specialist for an exam and a ct scan and if the stone is still there it will need to be extracted

Please let me know if you need any more information

tazechip