Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Cardiology

Recently ive noticed ive been having heart palpoltations. I

Customer Question
Hi,Recently ive noticed ive been...
Hi,Recently ive noticed ive been having heart palpoltations. I get a fluttery feeling in the middle of my chest and can feel my heart beating weird. I check my oukse when that happens and its irregular, like it skips a beat. Ive had this in the past, seen the Dr, wore a heart monitor for 24hrs, did a stress test. All was well and Dr said heart was all good. Blamed it in anxiety possibly. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. Havent noticed it in ages (lime a couple few years. 8 weeks ago i had a sever high ankle sprain, not sure if that matters. Im also an avid bike rider and before i hurt my ankle was in about the best shape of my life racing my bike and riding 4-6 days a week. So this has me concerned cuz its sputtering more often, i notice it every day at some point or another. Its happening as i write this. Ive takin my Blood Pressure at the drug store a bunch of times and my Blood pressure is as low as its ever been averaging about 110/72 heart rate about 72. Today heart rate was 90 for whatever reason when i checked it but BP was lime its been. I also noramlly have high ish blood pressure and have had to work to keep at around 130/80 heart rate around 80. So not sure if my bodies changed since i havent worked out in 7 weeks or what. Any suggestions, should i be really concerned or maybe just anxiety related? Not sure.. heeelp
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cardiology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ive been back on my bike riding the last 10 days. Not like i was before but trying to get back in shape. Its been happening since i started back on my bike. Not sure if its related. But more info anyways
10/16/2017
Cardiologist: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am DR. Aren and I will help with your query.Getting another mobile Holter ECG recording for 24 hours will help identify the problem and may result in identification of the arrhythmia.Your doctor/Cardiologist will then be able to treat the problem specifically.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What could it be?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should i be worried right now? Is it urgent do you think?

It would be best to get examined and investigated at the earliest,a physical examination and an ECG to be followed by a Holter monitoring will be the best .Second guessing an ECG is a bad practice.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor