Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having some burning/colicky pain in my right…

Hi i have been having...
Hi i have been having some burning/colicky pain in my right side abdomen i included picture of exact location for reference. I was diagnosed with h pylory in blood test, all other test came back fine gallbladder, pancreas, and liver. Had an ultrasound for this same problem about 6 months ago and came back normal. I took the triple therapy for 14 days and started feeling better a week after that for about 2 weeks but now its back. What can this be or why cant i get rid of this.
10/15/2017
tazechip

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any change in bowel movements with this?

Not really i notice they become a little lighter brown when this happens. Little constipated sometimes. But nothing like blood or anything.

Did you have a HIDA scan of your gall bladder to check it's function?

Pain is all day, just very dull and shooting pains in some times nothing crazy but it just alwas there.
No i jave not, just blood and ultrasound
1 st page
2nd pg
Also honestly food spicey or greasy dont really make a difference in the pain/burning.

OK

Two possibilities here--

Gall bladder dyskinesia--no stones but the gall bladder isn't emptying properly

Or irritable bowel syndrome which can be treated with medications like Bentyl or Linzess

So if I were your doctor I'd start with the HIDA scan

A malfunctioning gall bladder, if it's causing a lot of problems, would need to be removed

Please let me know if you need any more information

I thought it did but i can eat nothing but salads and its really the same

Sorry--I didn't quite understand why you said that?

That wouldnt show in tests i showed you?

Not gall bladder dyskinesia--it would take the HIDA scan to do that

And there are no tests for IBS once other possibilities have been ruled out

Gallbladder would last that long in constant dull ache like that. I thought those were attacks that came and went within minutes to hrs.

When it's a case of stones, yes. But a malfunctioning gall bladder can cause your kind of symptoms

But again that's only one of the two possibilities I mentioned

tazechip
Thanks

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Well got results from cat scan and everything is good, but this uncomfortable feeling does not go away. Its like a very dull pain right in my chest under my right breast. All day
If it was ibs wouldnt that be felt further down the abdomen. I mean i have had this for quiete some time or can it be h pylori that was not erradicated?

Possibly H pylori still

Should theu give me a different antibiotics i was on amox, cly, and pantapraZole, would they give different ones now.
Thing is it doesnt matter what i eat, discomfort is there, even when stomach is empty or full, its same thing.

Have you had upper endoscopy?