Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had several x-ray procedures for different medical…

I have had several...

I have had several x-ray procedures for different medical tests. I have a heart condition that causes arrhythmia and very rapid heartbeat. I feel sometimes tightness in my chest but no problem with exercise as long as my heart is beating normal rate. I had a treadmill test several years ago and was ok but am concerned that I have developed a blockage. My question is having to be exposed to Cardiolite and radioactive material. I was given similar material during 3 head MRI's . I read that this material is not good for your brain and increase risk for Alzheimers and demitia. I was in Emergency about two weeks ago for my heart rhythm and had another chest X-Ray.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

No one in my immediately family had a heart attack but my mom did have some irr.beat problems also. Lately my health is not as good due to increased stress. My heart and health responds to the stress in my life.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am female, 65 years old. Possible autoimmune connections. I have suffered with depression in the past. My husband, grown son and two Grandsons live with me

10/15/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

The best stress is actually a stress echo where you go on the treadmill.

why not do that?

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Dr. Phil
Thank you for your suggestion of echo treadmill . I though that was an excellent alternate to using nuclear imaging .
It turns our that my Cardiologist had just wanted a simple treadmill recording of my heart rate at different levels of speed and grade.
Thank you for your response. I learned something I didn't know before.
Sincerely
SUE

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question.