Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

In February 2017 I didn’t Realize that I had torn to calf…

Customer Question
In February 2017 I...

In February 2017 I didn’t Realize that I had torn to calf muscles which resulted in a superficial DVT in my left leg below the knee. I was put on Xarelto and back i realize that I had torn to calf muscles which resulted in a superficial DVT in my left leg below the knee. I was put on Xarelto and back and back in August I was told the DVT dissipated and was taken off the Xarelto. During entire time I was taking Xarelto I was experiencing achiness through my entire both legs but was told it was the DVT. I have been off the Xarelto for a month now and are still experiencing swelling in my upper thighs from my knee upwards it just seems that both my thighs seem to get larger every day. What could this possibly be? Every doctor visit I emphasized the swelling in my size To the hematologist but he didn’t seem concerned.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Diet, extreme exercise or long periods of not walking

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Prior to this injury I’ve been very healthy at 55

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cardiology
9/29/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am sorry, your question was unanswered for long. I just came online and saw it.

Have you measured your thigh girth and found it is progressively increased?

Is the pain in thigh mild or moderate to severe?

Was a colored doppler performed again, after stopping Xarelto?