Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

What are the chances of survival when having fluid retention…

Customer Question
What are the chances...

What are the chances of survival when having fluid retention and congestion heart failure

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My health I believe is good. My father has congested heart failure and not producing enough water

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cardiology
9/28/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your situation. Can i ask did they give you a full report of an ultrasound of the heart which would give us a better idea of the prognosis?

it was my father. However, it too late. I understand now
Cardiologist: Dr. David, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

did your father pass away from his congestive heart failure?

it sounds like he also have kidney problems and wasn't able to urinate as well which an be very serious.

the majory way we treat patients who have congestive heart failure is to help them get rid of excessive fluid with duretics like lasix to force the kidneys to urinate out fluid

but if he has kidney weakness, this can be very difficult to do

I am sorry for your loss if he passed

let me know if you have other questions.