Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had an adverse reaction to a steroid shot and…

Customer Question
I recently had an adverse...
I recently had an adverse reaction to a steroid shot and while the side effects of that are slowly wearing off, I am not feeling near normal heart and energy wise. I was told I had bradycardia when I went to the ER after I got the shot. So we waited it out, they did blood work, ultrasound on the heart and had me see a cardiologist. (I am waiting for a monitor to wear a few days, and I will have an echocardiogram.) The bradycardia has gone away, and my heart rate and blood pressure are in the normal ranges thankfully. The doctor last week said I now have an incomplete right bundle branch block, but that I shouldn't have to worry about anything as it isn't harmful. The cardiologist thinks I have an underlying thyroid issue or something that they haven't seen yet.
I had NONE of these issues ever before the shot. It's frustrating that no one can admit that perhaps it's that. It has to be. I've gone from lifting 70 + lbs all day at work to now I can do stuff around the house and I have to rest most the day. I had no choice but to be in bed and resting while the side effects of the shot wore off, but I'm concerned this is permanent. I am exhausted and have enough oomph to do a quick run to town. I don't know if literally not being able to leave my house for a month has weakened me to this point or if it's the IRBBB.
I am off work for another month, and I pray this goes away. Should I worry about the energy level? My blood sugar is normal, all bloodwork too. No one has given me any info for dealing with IRBBB. I feel like I am going to croak or something!
I feel like I have small palpitations and a general tightness in my chest. Also once in awhile I get what I call a "stitch" under my left breast. But it could be gas or heartburn as I do have both quite a lot.
I just need some information on this that isn't generalized. I need to stop reading online stuff because it's not helpful to my worrying.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
9/28/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

theoretically the side effects should continue to wear off

I have never seen one shot cause permanent issues

I was hoping for more insight into issues described...
Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed
Dr .Saeed ahmed, Doctor