Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I tripped over my dog this am and hit the pavement hard. I…

Customer Question
Hi. I tripped over my...
Hi. I tripped over my dog this am and hit the pavement hard. I have a very large and very hard lump on my thigh and the beginning of a bruise. Since I am on blood thinners for Afib, is there anything I need to do other than ice it? It's not especially painful...just really hard and large.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cardiology
9/27/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 9 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Apart from ice compresses, a brace would help. Local analgesic cream too would be advised.

Avoiding rubbing or massaging.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Is the hardness because it's a large blood clot and is there any danger this could cause a blood clot to travel anywhere in my body?

This is called as hematoma and is in the soft tissue (mainly underneath muscles and fat / fascia). An hematoma or blood collection underneath or inside the muscle would feel hard. This is different than the blood clot which in veins and which can travel to lung.

The hematoma does not travel.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.