Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

According to recent blood tests and medical examination I…

Customer Question
Hi, According to recent blood tests...
According to recent blood tests and medical examination I appear fully fit and healthy but I am short of breath with simple basic movement, have a cough that feels phlegmy and get dizzy and out of breath and nausea if standing or moving around for even short periods of times?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cardiology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Did the physical include; lung function tests, echocardiography?

no, just the standard blood tests, with listening to heart beat, i did have a bacterial infection on lymph nodes over a week ago but antibiotics are finished and gp said he can't see how I'd be feeling anything like that as everything appears 100% fit and healthy.

For your symptoms these investigations mentioned are mandatory with the chest x-ray. These (echocardiography and pulmonary function tests) tells about the heart and lung functions and reserves and any abnormality, if present.

i dont know if relevant, but i use to have similar symptoms when i was early teens where it'd also result in full rigid fainting. my body would go stiff and i'd fall straight like a log and be out for a few minutes, wake up and feel no pain from my fall. i did have full tests on my heart as well as mri and a brain scan with wires and these all came back as normal then so it was just put as unknown cause

This is relevant. Unless you have healthy anxiety which can cause these symptoms; you need to be investigated for your present significant symptoms. Let the investigation tell that there is nothing going on.

ok, ive described this to my gp before and nothing was done. what tests should i exactly ask for to ensure it's properly investigated?
if comes back as normal results again is there anything else these symptoms could be?

A) Chest x--ray.

B) Pulmonary function tests;

These are few pulmonary function tests;

1) In spirometry you exhale in a mouthpiece which is connected to a computer. How fast and how much you exhale tells about the various lung functions and capacities.

2) Lung volume measurement is done by body plethysmography. One sits in a clear airtight small chamber and technologist asks you to breathe in and out of a mouthpiece. Changes in pressure inside the box help determine the lung volume.

3) The diffusion capacity is measured by breathing a harmless gas, for only one breath. The concentration of the gas in the air one breathes out is measured. The difference in the amount of gas inhaled and exhaled measures how effectively gas travels from the lungs into the blood.

C) Echocardiography.

If you have a medical issue, there would be some abnormality in the tests.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl