Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

What causes a discomfort in the left chest area close to…

Customer Question
What causes a discomfort...

What causes a discomfort in the left chest area close to where I think the aorta would be (half way between left shoulder and nipple, but a bit more to the right)? There is no sharp pain, not really an ache, but a sense of something not right. There is no pain radiating down my arm. I am on high B/P pills, cholesterol pills. I am indoors and control my air conditioner. I just came in from a walk of 2 blocks. It seems to bother me when walking more than when I am stationary. I have slight nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

No shortness of breath. I don't recall having this before.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had a lot of bad things a long time ago, like having blackouts, with no diagnosed cause. The last time was about 1975. I am 73 years old now.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cardiology
9/25/2017
Cardiologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What is your age, gender?