Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

Can overwork, little rest and too much pressure cause a

Customer Question
Can overwork, little rest...

Can overwork, little rest and too much pressure cause a damage to the heart?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My father had a heart problem and is presently using a pacemaker. I worked too much for 35 years, slept irregularly and had a high responsibility job. My private life was also very difficult. I feel fatigue after being up for just a few hours. I also feel heavy heartbeat that comes and goes for no apparent reason.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I few years back I lost consciousness a few times over a period of two years. It was diagnosed as some kind of overloud of the system.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cardiology
9/25/2017
Cardiologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Yes, all of these (overwork, inadequate rest, stress, anxiety, too much pressure) may cause;

1) coronary artery disease.

2) decreased capacity of the heart muscles.

This happens due to abnormal hormones and inflammatory mediators circulated in the body affecting the overall function of the heart.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

These are the other risk factors for the heart disease;

1) stress and sedentary life style

2) peripheral vascular disease (claudication); pain in calves on walking,

3) previous stroke or family history of stroke,

4) heavy smoking,

5) high blood pressure,

6) diabetes,

7) high cholesterol, and

8) a family history of heart disease

9) over weight

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/Stay blessed.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor