Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

How do you develop alcohol cardiomyopathy when you don't…

How do you develop...

How do you develop alcohol cardiomyopathy when you don't drink?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

There us a history of heart disease

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Other than diabetes.....no

9/14/2017
Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Have you been told to have alcoholic cardiomyopathy? Its impossible to have alcoholic cardiomyopathy in absence of longterm alcohol consumption. However other forms of dilated cardiomyopathies can be confused for ACM . I would like to know if an echocardiogram was done and what the findings were

Thank you....it was a general question. Just wanted to know if there were other causes

You are welcome.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Kind regards

Dr. Saleem
Dr. Saleem, Other