Cardiology

Cardiology Questions Answered by Verified Cardiologists.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about what resting pulse at desk should…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about what resting pulse at desk should be?

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've experienced (e.g. shortness of breath, heart palpitations, minor physical effort making you feel tired)?

All of the above, plus anxiety due to my father's recent death. Sweating, fatigue.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I weigh 180, 5' 8''. Today my resting pulse in bed was in the 60s but was previously elevated. blood pressure up to 140/90 but around 130/83

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

3-4 weeks. okay.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cardiology
9/13/2017
Cardiologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your heart rate at rest at this time?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress ?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online. I am posting answer below-

Well, the normal pulse for healthy person ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute.

Stress is one of the common cause for increased pulse rate.

Even the weather, like high temperatures or humidity, can raise it.

Having Imbalance of electrolytes, mineral in body can also raise pulse rate.

Smoking could also raise pulse rate.

In your case, most likely stress from death of your father has caused such fluctuation in heart rate and blood pressure levels.

You can Limit your alcohol and caffeine consumption, It can also help to keep your pulse from bounding.

You should get engaged in aerobic exercise and stress-management techniques like deep breathing and yoga.

Such fluctuation is normal, during stressful times.

Try to remain relaxed, Take plenty of fluids. Take healthy and well balanced diet.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

My Fitbit says 78 BPM sitting quietly in cool room at my desk. But has been in 80s. Yes I am suffering from anxiety stress due to my father's death and pressure "to hold it together" at work (I am a lawyer) and at home with my wife and 9 year old son. I have to date not been diagnosed with any other underlying medical problems. I am age 53, 5' 8" 180 lbs. I go to gym and eat right. No medications an cut out all alcohol and caffeine in last week. Not sleeping well. Am feeling lightheaded, fatigue, hard to focus.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details and sharing clear pictures

I am sorry to hear about your loss of your father.

Smoking could also raise pulse rate.

Hope this helped

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh