Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Chest pains when sleeping on side at night. Feels like

Customer Question

Chest pains when sleeping on side at night. Feels like muscle pain and tightness
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: No shortness of breath just last 2 weeks. 58 yr old male
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No history of heart trouble and dull pain that seems to go away after a while during the day
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cardiology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having chest pains when sleeping on side at night does not seem to be due heart disease or anything serious or dangerous.

It can be due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and esophageal spasm,musculoskeletal problems, especially fibromyositis (muscle inflammation) or it can be due to anxiety and panic attacks.

This does not seem to be due to heart disease.

You need clinical examination & tests,certain blood tests.

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question regarding your chest pain?